The Laurencekirk WWTW Wind Turbine project included development, design, installation and commissioning and we worked with Scottish Water Horizons to deliver this project from concept through planning development, project implementation and commissioning. The project objectives were to deliver an 80kW wind turbine within the existing site boundary. The power produced by the installed turbine has been used to supply the recently expanded works with power, supplemented by the existing grid connection.
We engaged specialist consultants to carry out wind modeling, environmental and ecological appraisals, and impact assessments to ascertain the feasibility of the scheme. From here we completed the application for planning permission and produced a detailed design in conjunction with specialist supply chain partners for civils and the turbine. We carried out site surveys of the existing works to ensure a seamless interface between the new works and the existing works.
Our Service and Delivery
- Construction: We were the Principle Contractor and Principle Designer for the design, procure, manufacture, supply, test, inspection, delivery, offloading and positioning, installation and commissioning.
- Cost Planning & Management: We produced a full cost model from concept through to hand over an operation. This allowed SWH to understand the costs for feasibility and development; construction, testing and commissioning; and ongoing OPEX costs. We then developed a resourced construction programme and spend profile and delivered the project under an NEC Option A agreement.
- Client satisfaction: The project was delivered against a suite of KPIs which were measured and reviewed throughout the project delivery phase, focussing on Client requirements. The project was successfully delivered on time and budget; without any health & safety, environmental or quality incidents; without any stakeholder complaints; and with positive feedback from the SWH team.
- Client: Scottish Water Horizons
- Services: Instrumentation, C&A
- Sector: Water & Utilities